Thursday, January 15, 2015

Feelin' blue

Every now and then this feeling pops up. Out of nowhere, making you feel a bit uncomfortable. Longing for something that isn't here. At least, not at this very moment. 'Unheimisch' in proper English...I always need some music to get over it. To get back on the road again. Somehow I always end up with Robert Plant's 'Big Log'. Bit of a blues song, with a ryhthm that stays in your mind and seems to play on forever.

Robert Plant, who's fascination with the blues goes back to his early days as lead singer for Led Zeppelin, said: "I was competing for attention in a four-piece band that was phenomenal, and I was trying to attack the blues from a kind of white English viewpoint as a singer… I found myself overdoing it, but it worked. It was great, I was young -- I was 20 years old. Now I have the gift of perspective and I feel pretty good about it."

Great if you consider he also wrote a song called 'killing the blues'...Well, let's move on, like Robert sung in the big log: "There is no turning back - on the run"

T-shirts, mugs and other merchandise based on this Skredch-character are available at my Zazzle shop.

No comments: