Thursday, July 4, 2019

En tour

Original, handmade and unique painting.
Frame required.
Acrylics on Paper.
21 x 29cm.
Check out artprints

© E.Meinema


We´re in the finals! The Dutch lionesses, the ladies national soccer team is playing the final of the World Championship against the US's ladies. This gives me mixed feelings as I am as Dutch as can be, but on the other hand a lot of my relatives are US citizens. So, whose side to choose? Probably I'd best go for the winning team. Great: finally a game I cannot loose!
So, what has this picture of a cyclist, who has become one with his bicycle, to do with soccer? Nothing. Except for the fact that the Tour de France happens to start today too. Yep, the guys are back on tour again. That's why I made this series of Neo Popart characters: 'Cyclers'. A multicolored, multi figure series in yellow, orange, red, blue, green, and gold. Choose your favorite!





P.S. If you prefer a football player after all... I've already made this great figure 'Footy', years ago. The head of the player is a football shoe on top of a football. Enjoy!

Original, handmade and unique painting.
No frame required.
Mixed Media on Canvas.
100 x 100cm
Check out artprints

© E.Meinema

No comments: