Friday, March 6, 2020

Into the weeds

No. No, I don´t mean ´into the woods´...
This early Spring
everything is early.
Most of all
the garden weeds.
It feels like I have to attack
all the green stuff in my garden.
An invasion of weeds.
'She likes weeds'
was a song by the TeeSet
a pop band from Delft (NL)
My birthplace.
A song from my youth.
Yep. She likes weeds.
I don't.
Although the band and I are talking about two different things.
Preferred their song 'Ma belle amie' anyway...
Although I really wasn't a fan of the hometown boys.
More interested in our neighbouring town The Hague
with the great Shocking Blue
Venus! (anyone remembers that song?)
Sung by Mariska Veres.
"Okay, I'll join your band, but I won't sleep with any of you guys"
A lady who knew what she wanted.
No time to waste now.
Back into the weeds.


Original, handmade and unique drawing.
Mixed Media (Crayon / Acrylics) on paper.
15 x 15 cm / 5.9 x 5.9" (drawing; paper A4)
Original not for sale
Check out artprints, mugs, Tees and more fun stuff.

© E.Meinema

No comments: