Sunday, September 14, 2014

Rappa


Mia gave me this CD: 'Live it out' by Dutch singer / songwriter Alain Clark. A couple of great songs that I've enjoyed much lately. She was actually looking for Sean Kingston as I particularly like his song There's nothin'. (featuring 'The DEY' and Juelz Santana). 

This made me remember a sketch I've made a while ago, after seeing rapper Eminem's official acting debut, the semi-autobiographical movie "8 Mile".

As Eminem has said, this movie (released in November 2002), is not an account of his life, but a representation of growing up in Detroit. An important part of this film is based upon a rappers battle. Tough neighborhood, tough life, great way to express yourself on stage though. Now rappers are great marketeers. In almost each and every song they will mention their own name. Add a little bit of 'slang' of the 'hood' and you'll understand the title. Rappa. My name is Rappa. Please let the chorus go, Sean!




No comments: