Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Senses

Incredible foggy it was. Hardly any sight at all. I could not even see the dog, which I knew was somewhere near my feet. Around me, only the sound of silence.

A silence which is hardly heard these days. Noone dared to drive through the mist this late at night. No cars, no bikes and nobody walking by. That is, I did not see them. The leaves of the trees were soaked by the mist. The water slowly dripped down. I could hear every single drop falling on the ground, on the grass or in the nearby water. I knew where I was. Yet the surroundings were not looking familiar and somewhat surreal. 

Accompanied by the squeeking sound of my shoes and something which I hoped was my dog, moving along at the end of the dog leash, I slowly walked back home before I would lose the way. Or my senses.

No comments: