Thursday, April 27, 2017

Does your doggy bite?

Remember this phrase? An inevitable quote by Peter Sellers as Clouseau in the Pink Panther movies. We used some kind of spin-off name (Commander Clousteau) as character in the YA series Aquifer. Except for the hazzle dazzle about the spelling of his name (a bit of a running gag in the first book), I had to think about Furby. Cute, gremlin-like toys which lately had been refurbished. The new eyes scared kids. Didn't stop parents from buying the new Furby though.
Years ago, one of my girls walked in to show her new toy: “e-dog”. Instantly I remembered series of Furby’s and other electronic things, said to be great toys that could learn new things if you play with them every day.

I only remember one Furby phrase; “I’m sleepy”.
And off it went.
Forever.
Five of them hiding in my house. None of them speaking or doing anything at all. All are very sleepy.

And how about e-dog? This great new toy dog will dance and do all wonderful things whenever it gets enough food. You only need to feed it. With music
And so we did. 
And so it danced. 
And so…that was it. 
Move over Furby, e-dog likes to sleep on your lap!

No comments: