Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Kitepainting

When still running our gallery, we used to participate in Art Fairs. Construction and dismantling always were exhaustive. I was thinking about the "Holland art Fair 2006". We had exhibited some rather large paintings which, after the show, I tried to bring back to our truck all by myself. Now the painting measured 1,50 x 2,00 metres; just a little bit too big for one person to handle. Dismantling starts directly after the show,. If you've ever been to an art fair, you should get yourself a seat and enjoy the 'afterparty'. When the show's over, there are no more nice gallery owners. Everyone is rushing to get his booth empty and get the... well, get out of there. Chaos. Disorder...
Anyway, our truck was parked rather far away on a very, very large and wide open parking area where there certainly was more than a spring breeze. Almost stormy it was.
There I walked; confident, yet struggling to keep the huge painting above my head. And there came the wind; it grabbed a hold of me and the painting. You know how you react when you stumble and fall, knowing people are watching you? Well, so did I. I tried to look relaxed."Nay, I'm always kite surfing paintings into the truck."

For obvious reasons I will not give you the name of the painter or the painting involved...

No comments: